Do you have the skills to offer tax advice to a client or employer who is considering buying or selling a business? This self-study course will introduce you to the most common types of business acquisitions and equip you with necessary tax related skills. You will receive a thorough overview of buying and selling, including guidance on due diligence procedures and best practices, as well as how to properly calculate, document, and value a business acquisition transaction.
Format: Voiceover PowerPoint, Audio
▪ Recall the basic steps in a business acquisition.
▪ Recognize the team of advisers involved with the transaction.
▪ Recall key points related to due diligence procedures and transaction documentation.
▪ Analyze the three principle approaches to valuation of a business.
▪ Identify key buyer groups and the impact of a sale on them.
▪ Determine compensation alternatives for individual buyers and sellers.
▪ Transaction basics
▪ Due diligence
▪ Asset versus stock based transactions
▪ Transaction terms
▪ Buyer and seller best practices