Investment Strategy, Appraisal, and Stakeholder Management (On-Demand) 2019
This CPE course begins with discussion of the objectives of profit seeking organizations, and how sometimes the goals of shareholders can be conflicting. It identifies the different types of stakeholders and their interests, and observes the effects of economic forces such as interest rate change, inflation, and government-mandated regulatory requirements. The course identifies possible conflicts between management and shareholders, and expands to the considerations of not-for-profit organizaitons. It examines methods of investment appraisal, and details the stages of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
▪ Identify stakeholder conflicts that may arise from capital investment decisions
▪ Recognize the reasons for evaluating projects post implementation
▪ Managing conflicts between different stakeholder groups (profit maximization versus wealth maximization).
▪ Managing conflicts arising from performance indicators.
▪ Monitoring the implementation of plans.
▪ Post completion audit.
CPE Field of Study
Who Should Attend
Management accountants wanting to develop skills in governance and risk management
Management accounting experience or the equivalent.