Want to help your client save money and avoid potential trouble with the IRS? This webcast has been updated for the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) and explains what may trigger an IRS audit, how to negotiate, settle on appeal, qualify for an IRS collection program and evaluate your client’s best options for dealing with the IRS. You’ll also learn about: • IRS audit techniques • How to handle requests • Appeal rights so you can represent your clients with confidence.
• Evaluate IRS audit trends and the audit selection process.
• Determine when IRS requests could be challenged.
• Identify the timing, scope and location of various IRS audits.
• Apply IRS audit techniques and inquiries and appeal rights.
• Use the information document request process and evaluate the contents of a revenue agent report.
• The assessment process
• Audit selection, examination and the appeals process
• Installment agreements
• Offers in compromise
• Advising delinquent taxpayers
• The IRS collection process for tax liens, levy, seizure and sale
• Bankruptcy and the effect on tax liabilities
• Practice before the IRS
• Business taxation
• Tax liens levy seizure
• Fund recovery penalty
Experience in business taxation