Of all a manager’s roles, the most important skill is developing direct reports. This one hour webinar helps participants make the difficult transition from being paid for doing something yourself to getting the work done through others, through delegation and one-on-ones.
After participating in this highly interactive workshop, participants will be able to:
• Explain the purpose of delegation.
• Recognize barriers to successful delegation.
• Explain the steps of effective delegation.
• Delegate the correct level of authority.
• Use questions to generate buy-in, coach, and confirm understanding.
• Monitor delegated tasks.
• Articulate the purpose of one-on-ones.
• Describe the key elements of effective 1:1s.
• Demonstrate at least three effective 1:1 questions.
Supervisors, Managers, Directors, and Executives