Leveraging Technology in Forensic Engagements (On-Demand) 2019
This course explains the role of technology in supporting the forensic accountant during a customer engagement, including the challenges encountered when providing such services. The process to locate or find Electronically Stored Information (ESI) is described along with the technologies and methodologies that can be used to evaluate and analyze the data once acquired. The goal of the course is to help the practitioner understand the process, considerations, and available technology tools needed to examine electronically stored information and data when investigating fraud.
• Explain the role of technology and computer forensics in supporting the forensic accountant.
• Recall the challenges in providing computer forensic services.
• Explain timing, budget and scope expectations and considerations during the computer forensic engagement.
• Describe the process to locate or find Electronically Stored Information (ESI).
• Explain the importance of technologies and methodologies that can be used to evaluate the data once acquired.
• Describe tools that can help the forensic accountant analyze data.
CPE Field of Study
Who Should Attend