Medical, Disability and Property, and Casualty (On-Demand) 2019
Health insurance is affected not only by tax law, but by other legislation as well. This CPE course covers the most significant pieces of legislation affecting your clients’ health care:
The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
Of all the insurance contracts that will need to be employed in a client’s personal financial plan, the disability insurance contract is one of the most difficult to apply. This course will aide the personal financial planner in being well-versed in the various definitions of disability, the numerous riders and options available, and the variety of sources for disability income benefits.
Finally, a personal financial planning client’s home, automobile, and possessions are a significant part of that client’s net worth and represent a lifetime of accumulation. The personal financial planner should have broad knowledge of the variety of insurance contracts available. Planning for property and casualty insurance is more than adequately insuring the risk. It is the process of integrating property and casualty insurance contracts into the overall risk management plan. This course will give you the tools to master this complicated area.
- Identify a hybrid managed care plan.
- Recall which Medicare program is sold by a private insurance company.
- Select a tax-advantaged plan that may be used to supplement retirement income.
- Identify the maximum number of days at a skilled nursing facility that are paid in full by Medicare.
- Distinguish between a group and an individual long term-care insurance contract.
- Recall the program that provides disability insurance coverage for workplace accidents.
- Identify the feature of a long-term care insurance contract that guarantees some level of benefits in the event the insured stops paying premiums.
- Recall the insurance contract that guarantees the contract will not lapse and the premium will not increase, as long as the premium is paid.
- Health Insurance
- Significant legislation, plan features, types of plans, tax advantaged plans, taxation and income tax planning, integration with PFP.
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Types, policy provisions, self-insuring, taxation and tax planning, integration with other areas of PFP.
- Disability Insurance.
- Sources of compensation, policy definitions, optional benefits and riders, business disability plans, taxation and income tax planning, integration with other areas of PFP.
- Property and Casualty Insurance.
- Homeowners, personal auto, excess liability, taxation and income tax planning, integration with other areas of PFP
CPE Field of Study
Who Should Attend