Learn how finance organizations are finding better ways to plan and control their organizations by moving beyond the annual budgeting process. They are achieving better results by:
• Leveraging their strategic plans to adopting mid-term goals to maintain a constancy of purpose.
• Using rolling forecasts to keep everyone focused on what is ahead.
• Evaluating actual performance relative to their peers, their competitors, and world class benchmarks.
• Better supporting lean implementations and costing initiatives by focusing on customers.
Using an action-oriented teaching approach, this workshop will help enable you to build your own case for change and show you how you can start planning more effectively.
To move beyond simply complaining about the problems with traditional budgeting, attendees will prepare for action by:
– Learning how others have successfully changed their planning practices and how you can build your own case for change.
– Reviewing common problems with existing budgeting practices and why they need to be changed.
– See how other organizations have used the 12 Beyond Budgeting Principles to create more responsive, higher performing organizations.
– Develop your specific case for change to identify how you can get started immediately.
– Identify resources to help support your implementation efforts and provide case examples from organizations who have successfully made their planning more effective for today’s rapidly changing world.
Corporate Finance, Financial Reporting
C-suite leaders, managers and staff in a financial planning & analysis function, Controllers and senior leaders in corporate finance