You can conquer the theoretical conundrums and compliance issues caused by the question of whether a business has nexus in a particular jurisdiction. Be the one to guide your client skillfully through the maze of multistate corporate tax codes. With this webcast, you’ll rapidly develop a working knowledge of both multistate tax compliance and related planning opportunities. With the rate of change, you can’t afford to be out-of-date with your knowledge of this critical tax area. Webcast materials include the latest developments regarding the Wayfair decision.
– Identify the key principles of multistate taxation.
– Identify the implications of establishing nexus in various taxing jurisdictions.
– Analyze client operations and devise strategies that will minimize their client’s overall sales and/or income tax liability.
– Recognize the impact recent judicial rulings in various states on client operations.
– determine to what extent the state taxation of internet based transactions may impact current and future client activities.
– Constitutional limits and P.L. 86-272
– Nexus, UDITPA, MTC
– Calculation of state taxable income
– Filing methods for multistate taxpayers
– Apportionment and allocation
– Multistate income tax planning
– Audit defense strategies
Experience in corporate taxation