You will learn techniques to successfully prepare an NFP’s financial statements, assess relationships with other not-for-profit and for-profit organizations to determine if consolidation is required, and how to interpret and analyze a set of NFP financial statements. This CPE program contains e-learning exercises, targeted case studies, and detail-rich interpretations to create a flexible, dynamic learning experience you can complete online in your own time.
▪ Identify how to prepare a complete set of financial statements, including footnote disclosures.
▪ Identify how the financial statements interrelate.
▪ Analyze a fact pattern to determine the effect of a particular transaction or significant event on the NFP’s financial statements.
▪ Assess the financial health of an NFP using ratio analysis and other methods.
▪ Recognize potential red flags in an NFP’s financial statements.
▪ Financial statement preparation
▪ Statements of financial position
▪ Statements of activities
▪ Statements of cash flows
▪ Statements of functional expenses
▪ Consolidated financial statements
▪ Direct versus indirect cash flow statements
▪ Analysis of financial statements
▪ Presentation options available to NFPs
▪ Common errors
▪ Financial reporting trends and techniques