Learn how to measure performance, create a controllable budget, and drive the strategic planning process to achieve mission success. Also discussed are ethical issues, techniques to assess risks, and application of the COSO ERM Framework to develop a risk response strategy in the NFP environment. This CPE program contains e-learning exercises, targeted case studies, and detail-rich interpretations to create a flexible, dynamic learning experience you can complete online in your own time.
▪ Use a performance measurement system to apply performance measurement techniques.
▪ Recognize steps to build a realistic and controllable budget.
▪ Determine how strategic planning may be applied at each stage of the NFP’s life cycle.
▪ Assess risk, develop a risk response strategy, and apply the COSO ERM framework in the NFP environment.
▪ Identify a process to assess, design, implement, and monitor internal controls that are appropriate for an NFP’s size, complexity, and risk.
▪ Determine strategies to promote a culture of ethical management throughout the entity.
▪ Use techniques to effectively steward an NFP’s resources to achieve mission success.
▪ Performance measurement techniques
▪ NFP business models
▪ Grants management
▪ Diversification of revenue streams
▪ Cash flow management and operating reserves
▪ Risk assessment, response strategies, and internal controls
▪ Strategic planning
▪ Establishing a culture of ethical management
▪ Characteristics of high-performing boards of directors