Learn from the experts with this video-based, on-demand e-learning experience. Set yourself apart and get the tools and strategies you need to sharpen your skills in not-for-profit (NFP) tax compliance. The program builds on the core concepts as you get insights from industry leaders.
▪ Identify the process to prepare the Form 990 core form and accompanying schedules.
▪ Determine the effect of a particular transaction or significant event for Form 990 reporting.
▪ Distinguish between organizational and operational requirements to maintain federal tax-exempt status.
▪ Determine when an organization could be subject to unrelated business income taxes (UBIT) and differentiate between the more common exceptions and exclusions that apply.
▪ IRS filing requirements, including Forms 990 and 990-T
▪ Reporting thresholds
▪ Reasonable cause abatement
▪ Unrelated business income (UBIT), exceptions and exclusions
▪ IRS audit activity
▪ Public support test
▪ Establishing and protecting tax exemption
▪ Excess benefit transactions
▪ Common red flags