Performance Measurement for Not-for-Profits (On-Demand) 2019
Not-for-profits (NFPs) have a double-bottom line — a financial bottom line reflecting a surplus or deficit and a second bottom line that measures achievement of a social impact or mission. A robust performance measurement system captures both dimensions of performance. It reveals a greater desire for accountability and helps communicate the organization’s efficiency, effectiveness and ultimately its social impact to constituents and prospective donors. This CPE course offers detail-rich examples and case studies to help you apply proven techniques to measure performance in NFPs.
▪ Identify and quantify the program outputs and outcomes that accomplish an NFP’s mission.
▪ Differentiate between financial and non-financial performance metrics that are relevant to an NFP’s stakeholders.
▪ Use a performance measurement system to apply performance measurement techniques.
▪ Mission as a guide to priorities
▪ Theory of change
▪ Identifying stakeholders
▪ Financial efficiency and program effectiveness metrics
▪ Input-impact model
▪ Sources of performance data
▪ Dashboard reporting and benchmarking
▪ Aligning employee compensation to performance
CPE Field of Study
Who Should Attend