Provisions, Contingent Liabilities and Contingent Assets (IAS 37) (On-Demand) 2019
The purpose of this course is to familiarize you with the objective of IAS 37 to ensure that appropriate recognition criteria and measurement bases are applied to provisions, contingent liabilities and contingent assets and that sufficient information is disclosed in the notes to the financial statements to enable users to understand their nature, timing and amount.
▪ Identify the existence of a provision, contingent liability and contingent asset.
▪ Determine when to recognize a provision and how to measure it.
▪ Determine when a contingent item should be disclosed.
- Scope and scope exceptions of the standard.
- Recognition criteria and measurement bases.
- Disclosure requirements
CPE Field of Study
Who Should Attend
Accountants in public practice who provide audit or assurance services to private or public multinational organizations that have adopted IFRS