Real Frauds Found in Government
The cases of fraud in government are as unique as government entities themselves. Through a comprehensive learning approach using examples, explanations of audit standards, and informative case studies, you will learn about real-world government fraud, including cyber fraud, and the responsibilities involved in dealing with government fraud. This course analyzes several unique cases of fraud that occurred in the government sector.
- Determine how interim fraudulent reporting may affect planned reliance on internal controls and any related audit procedures.
- Identify the auditor’s responsibility with respect to fraud in a financial statement audit.
- Identify how personnel policies and procedures can be circumvented and lead to possible fraud or abuse.
- Apply topics discussed to form conclusions on indications of fraud, abuse, and weaknesses in internal control.
- Misappropriation of assets and benefits
- External financial reporting
- Cyber fraud
- Improper use of procurement cards
- Management override