With the TCJA expiring in 2026, there is a lot of buzz and rules-of-thumb about Roth strategies, but very little discussion on analysis methodology. This course will provide insights on how to create and audit an analysis and recommendation with accuracy and targeted vetting questions. “Rules of Thumb” can sometimes be detrimental and cause clients to pay more in taxes over their lifetime (present value) than necessary. Heirs tax liability will also be covered.
• Determine how to execute and audit an analysis on Roth conversions and Roth 401k/IRA vs. Traditional
• Recognize recommendations that are flawed
• Identify errors in analysis and recommendations
• How a rule of thumb can backfire
• Key inputs for an analysis
• Best ways to evaluate scenarios
• How to look for errors
CPAs, EAs, financial professionals and professional staff.
Basic knowledge of Roth IRA, Roth Conversions, and 401Ks.
Some knowledge of Roth IRA is preferred.
This webinar is produced by CalCPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.