Statement of Cash Flows (On-Demand) 2019
A statement of cash flows is necessary to comply with GAAP, which is required of for-profit and not-for-profit (NFP) businesses alike. However, NFPs are required to comply with unique industry-specific guidance that applies only to them. This CPE course offers you detail-rich examples and case studies. Learn the nuances of NFP financial reporting and get the information you need to successfully prepare a statement of cash flows.
▪ Determine how to prepare, in accordance with GAAP, a statement of cash flows (SCF).
▪ Differentiate between operating, financing, and investing activities.
▪ Determine the effect of a particular transaction or significant event on the reporting entity’s SCF.
▪ Differentiate between direct method and indirect method cash flow statement and identify steps for successful completion of the statements under both methods.
▪ GAAP industry-specific guidance
▪ Industry best practices
▪ Direct and indirect method
▪ Classification (operating, investment, and financing activities)
▪ Reconciliation of change in net assets to cash balances
▪ Effect of donor restrictions on cash flow reporting
CPE Field of Study
Who Should Attend