This CPE course focuses on the analysis of an organization’s current position using a corporate appraisal (SWOT analysis) and gap analysis. It discusses various techniques used in forecasting. It discusses game theory as well as the real options of an organization deciding on a strategic project.
▪ Analyze the organization’s current position (using corporate appraisal SWOT analysis and gap analysis).
▪ Identify various techniques used in forecasting, such as trend analysis, system modelling, and in-depth consultation with experts (e.g., Delphi method).
▪ Recognize scenario planning, long-range planning, and game theory as tools in strategic planning and decision making.
▪ Recognize real options as a tool for strategic analysis.
▪ Forecasting and the various techniques used: trend analysis, system modeling, in-depth consultation with experts (e.g., Delphi method).
▪ Scenario planning and long-range planning as tools in strategic decision making.
▪ Game theory approaches to strategic planning and decision making.
▪ Real options as a tool for strategic analysis.
CGMA exam candidates
Management accountants wanting to develop skills in strategy development and implementation.
Management accounting experience or the equivalent.