This CPE course explores how the outside world could impact an organization’s future strategies, and provides different models for analysis, such as PEST, Porter’s Five Forces, Lifecycle analysis, and Competitor analysis. It also explores the nature of global competition and the Porter’s Diamond model of competition between nations.
▪ Identify key external factors that influence an organization’s strategy, including differentiation amongst organization environments (including profit and not-for-profit organizations).
▪ Identify and prioritize the key environmental drivers of organizational change.
▪ Identify different models for analyzing threats and opportunities in an organization’s competitive environment.
▪ Global economic, political, social and competitive forces impacting strategy.
▪ Different organization contexts (including profit and not-for-profit organizations).
▪ The key environmental drivers of organizational change and their prioritization.
CGMA exam candidates
Management accountants wanting to develop skills in strategy development and implementation.
Management accounting experience or the equivalent.