This CPE course provides a working knowledge of the methodology of implementation-based tax research. Drawing on the latest developments in online research, this CPE course describes how to ask the right questions, organize the facts, locate and assess pertinent authority, and clearly communicate research findings.
▪ Demonstrate a working knowledge of the methodology of implementation-based tax research.
▪ Examine and analyze the pertinent facts and applicable laws to determine a tax result.
▪ Apply the hierarchy for sources of tax authority in researching a tax question.
▪ Execute efficient and meaningful research within tax online services.
▪ Sources of tax law and interpretation
▪ Internal Revenue Code
▪ Administrative guidance
▪ Treasury Regulations
▪ Issue-spotting exercise
▪ Tax research memorandum