Webinar (AICPA): The Changing Role of the Controller: Advancing from Tactical to Strategic
Are you ready to take your role as controller to the next level while adding significant value to the organization? A successful Controller will go beyond financial statements, internal controls and general accounting to create new value for the organization. We’ll explore new additional roles that controllers are now accepting and outline a roadmap you can use to expand your role as a controller from simply internal process/transaction oriented to externally focused understanding of industry and macro trends.
When you complete this course you will be able to:
– Differentiate between the value of the traditional controller and the business oriented controller.
– Apply the definition of controllership in your company by integrating controllership into the larger financial and organization leadership function.
– Distinguish the importance of the planning process and the Controllers respective role.
– Apply lean techniques to the accounting department and the organization.
– Determine how Servant Leadership increases the success of the controller.
– Leadership vs. Management
– Business and strategic planning processes
– Corporate culture
– Lean management techniques and processes
– Recruiting, retaining and developing employees
– Communications, listening and presentation skills
– Managing “up” and how to master it
– Business Strategy and the Controller
– The need for increased efficiency and the application of Lean techniques
– Application of best practices in the Accounting Department
CPE Field of Study
Who Should Attend
Experience in financial management of a medium or small company
7:00 am - 11:00 am MDT