The Retirement Planning Process (On-Demand) 2019
Are you ready to help your clients set realistic expectations and goals? In this two-part, 2-hour narrated PowerPoint video, Tom Tillery teaches you how to counsel your clients in order to set practical and realistic goals for retirement and financial independence, the point when the client earns income because they choose to work, not because they have to. In Part 1, you will learn the process of how to identify personal financial goals and resources, design financial strategies and make personalized recommendations to assist your client in achieving these goals. Part 2 covers the regulatory and legislative environment surrounding retirement plans. You will learn the key rules and laws regulating retirement plans, including how ERISA and the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) govern qualified retirement plans and protect plan participants.
- Differentiate among the various types of personal financial planning engagements for financial independence.
- Identify the elements that comprise the financial independence process.
- Calculate the annual spending goal for financial independence.
- The requirements for who may participate in a qualified plan.
- Which coverage test is made based on benefits provided under a qualified plan.
- The requirements associated with top-heavy plans.
- The benefits of an ERISA Section 404(c) election
- Setting realistic expectations and goals.
- The process of identifying personal financial goals and resources.
- Design financial strategies.
- Making personalized recommendations.
- The regulatory and legislative environment surrounding retirement plans.
- How ERISA and the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) govern qualified retirement plans and protect plan participants.
CPE Field of Study
Who Should Attend