This course explains the difference between a traditional auditor and forensic accountant, lists the characteristics of a forensic account, and describes the possible role a forensic accountant can have during a client engagement.
Format: Understanding the Forensic Accountant Role
▪ Distinguish between a traditional auditor role and a forensic accountant role.
▪ Identify professional credential programs for a forensic accountant.
▪ List important characteristics of a forensic accountant.
▪ Identify the type of engagements performed by forensic accountants.
▪ Using AICPA’s Rule 102 for Professional Conduct, describe why engaging a potential client for your forensic accounting services may or may not be a conflict of interest.
Accountants and others who are considering entering the field of forensic accounting.