Today’s presentation will be using the MergerShark database, the AICPA’s FVS section member valuation choice for merger, acquisition and valuation related data to demonstrate how to prepare better, more reliable and defendable valuation reports, in less time. Attendees will be provided an overview of the database’s searchable features such as Market based acquisition multiples, premiums paid, DCF rates and terminal multiples, valuation discounts for both DLOC and DLOM, deal timeframes etc. Such data will be used to demonstrate how key valuation metrics can be searched, aggregated and utilized in your reports, all from one database. A sample valuation report search will be performed so attendees can see how to use the key time savings attributes that will result in faster and more accurate valuation reports.
• Assess and use market-based deal data
• Use deal timeframes for your valuation discounts
• Use LEAP stock options data to calculate in your DLOM
• Use discount rate data in your valuation reports
• Search for useful market data to use in your valuation reports
• Distinguish between private versus public company deal data
• Summarize, transfer and use key market based metrics in your reports
• Using market date to improve your valuation reports
• Considering market data sources and their reliability
• Using MergerShark to improve your practice efficiency
• Can the Market Approach make your reports more defendable?
• Using MergerShark in a sample valuation report Learning Objectives: