This webcast is part of the Tax Staff Essentials program. Tax questions arise when a unique set of facts is examined in light of general rules of tax law. In many in-stances, the most important questions are by no means obvious. The more experienced the tax adviser, the easier it is to identify and ask the right questions. However, for the beginner, asking the right question is often the most difficult part of tax research. Designed to help you identify and phrase critical tax questions, this webcast will help you structure your searches and formulate the questions to make your research more effective.
• Determine the appropriate authority for tax problems
• Analyze the evidence you gather regarding your client’s tax situation
• Apply the facts from other cases to reach a conclusion about your client’s case
• Identify specific ways to communicate your findings to your client
• Recall the research methodology that is appropriate to tax planning.
• The elusive nature of tax questions
• Assessing and applying authority
• External communications
• Research methodology for tax planning comprehensive examples
CPAs in Public Accounting or Management Accounting; particularly new tax staff (firm or in-house).
This webinar is produced by AICPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.