The need for individual tax planning has never been greater. With the numerous enhancements made by the American Rescue Plan Act and the elimination of itemized deductions by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, individuals will look to their personal goals and the tax formula as they develop their plans. Exclusions from income, above-the-line deductions, and credits will play a more important role. This course reviews the different types of planning and the most important planning techniques. Examples of these approaches are illustrated as scores of tax strategies are presented.
• Review the tax formula and recent developments, including the CARES and American Rescue Plan Acts
• Describe and illustrate the different types of planning and frequently used techniques
• Review tax strategies from the areas of education, retirement, investment, and estate planning
• Planning opportunities in the tax formula
• Different types of planning
• Frequently-used planning techniques
• Qualitative and quantitative considerations
• The connection between tax planning and other financial planning areas, such as retirement, investment, insurance, and estate planning
• Looking to the past, present, and future as we plan
• Taking advantage of opportunities and avoiding the traps of recent developments, such as the CARES and American Rescue Plan Acts
CPAs, tax preparers, attorneys, and financial advisers.
This webinar is produced by CalCPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.