Business succession planning is integral to running a successful business. This course will provide an overview of the processes that are needed to transfer a business interest.
• Determine what a business is worth and how being an owner with control vs. an owner without control impacts value
• Identify transition options, including planning for the outright sale of the business, structuring internal transfers to critical employees and analyzing the pros and cons of transfers to family members
• Recognize tax issues associated with different transition options
• Identify how to start the planning process early and tools to make the process more effective, including developing or modifying buy/sell agreements and other business operating agreements
• Deal considerations
• Selling outright; selling or transitioning to employees; selling or gifting to family members
• Relevance of discounts
• Family transfer issues
• Buy/sell agreements to plan for ownership changes and help avoid shareholder and family disputes
CPAs, attorneys and business valuation practitioners
Knowledge in business valuation and finance recommended.
This webinar is produced by CalCPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.