Over 9 billion data records have been lost or stolen since 2013. With a frequency of almost 5.5 million records exposed every day, it is no longer a question of whether a firm has been compromised, but more a question of when it will happen. Does your team have the cybersecurity knowledge and auditing skills to prevent or mitigate the next big breach? In this course, participants will learn the basics of cybersecurity awareness and safeguarding sensitive data, how to address cybersecurity threats within a firm, and how to use AICPA best practices to manage and obtain assurance of cybersecurity risks. By its conclusion, participants will know how to address cybersecurity threats with reasonable assurance in audit engagements.
• Explain the cybersecurity threat landscape and its economic costs
• Identify evolving state regulatory and legal rules related to cybersecurity
• Apply the core principles of cybersecurity awareness to limit cybersecurity risk
• Describe the AICPA’s cybersecurity risk management framework and CPA responsibilities
• Provide reasonable assurance related to third-party consultants and cloud providers
• Educate the firm and clients on cybersecurity basics, risk management, and best practices
• Cybersecurity awareness
• Data safeguarding
• Cybersecurity risk management and assurance
CPAs, accountants, and financial professionals within firms that provide audit, tax, financial statement compilation, and/or consulting services or within large companies who consult with IT service organizations.
Web browsing and email experience.
This webinar is produced by CalCPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.