Safeguarding assets from plaintiffs, creditors or government agencies. Review planning strategies and solutions, including planning with community property, business entities and domestic and foreign trusts. Planning skills for specific creditors, such as plaintiffs’ attorneys and lenders holding personal guarantees. Learn techniques to protect common assets, including homes, bank and brokerage accounts, businesses. professional practices and retirement plans. An extensive focus on the practical aspects of planning. What works and what doesn’t. Especially the implementation of last-minute planning. Case studies illustrating the effectiveness of various structures.
• Identify specific planning and structuring techniques.
• Recall underlying substantive law and its practical application.
• Determine how and when to implement each structure and for what type of asset and client.
• Recognize community and separate property assets and the use of business entities, trusts, equity strips, installment sales to insiders, etc.
• Planning aspects
• Legal theories
• Protecting assets
• Planning before and after lawsuits
• Using business entities, including domestic and foreign corporations, LLCs and LPs
• Planning for married couples and community property
• Picking correct entities and jurisdictions
• Domestic and foreign asset protection trusts
CPAs, attorneys, financial planners, real estate investors and business owners.
Basic knowledge of business entities, income, estate and gift taxes.
This webinar is produced by CalCPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.