Engagement letters are a critical aspect of tax practice and avoiding malpractice claims. Identify discreet tax services that require engagement letters. Identify critical engagement letter topics. Explore optional engagement letter provisions. Understand the implications of non-expiring engagement letters and other potential engagement understanding pitfalls.
• Identify topics related to allegations of malpractice committed by tax professionals.
• Determine how to recognize high-risk engagements.
• Recognize relevant ethical considerations.
• Identify tools for insulating yourself from malpractice exposure.
• Determine appropriate loss prevention procedures.
• Determine effective communication with clients regarding objectives and expectations.
• Engagement letter parties
• Critical engagement letter provisions
• Do and don’t of engagement letters
• “War stories” dealing with tax-related claims against CPAs – engagement letter aspects and failings
• Insurance carrier experiences.
CPAs, practitioners and attorneys.
This webinar is produced by CalCPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.