Identify topics related to allegations of malpractice committed by tax professionals and review risk management techniques. Inherent in the services of a tax professional is the risk that a client may assert practitioner malpractice. Clients may also accuse an adviser of being unethical or incompetent. Explore the reasons clients make such claims, and learn techniques and procedures to minimize the risk. Review effective client communication skills and tools to protect yourself from malpractice exposure and more.
• Identify topics related to allegations of malpractice committed by tax professionals.
• Determine how to recognize high-risk engagements.
• Recognize relevant ethical considerations.
• Identify tools for insulating yourself from malpractice exposure.
• Determine appropriate loss prevention procedures.
• Determine effective communication with clients regarding objectives and expectations.
• Technical definitions of tax malpractice.
• Risk management techniques: quality control procedures and maintaining professional competence.
• Aggressive tax strategies.
• “War stories” dealing with tax-related claims against CPAs.
• Insurance carrier experiences.
• Substantive tax areas: tax-deferred exchanges, built-in gains, alternative minimum tax and overlooked tax elections.
CPAs, practitioners and attorneys.
This webinar is produced by CalCPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.