Fraud in the workplace isn’t new, but statistics show that internally actuated fraud schemes are increasing. Using case studies from real-world examples, review some of the adverse effects rampant fraud causes businesses today. Fraud events are incredibly detrimental to organizations and often long-lasting. Review the many reasons internal fraud occurs; how invasive and damaging it can be, learn detection techniques, and explore control measures that reduce fraud risk.
• List reasons that employees and others that are internal to an organization choose to undertake fraudulent acts.
• Discuss the types of control measures that work best as entities strive to mitigate fraud risk.
• Recognize specific internal control measures that can help to reduce fraud activities.
• Understand why internal fraud occurs
• Review policies, procedures and control measures designed to fight fraud
CPAs, accountants and financial professionals.
This webinar is produced by CalCPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.