IRS Appeals is often the best place to resolve a tax dispute. Appeals can review almost all examination and collection determinations and is often the best place to resolve any disputes. A practitioner should not handle a complicated examination or collection matter without a thorough understanding of how Appeals operate. This is especially true with the recent changes in the independence of Appeals and the way Appeals handle cases. This course will review the Appeals process and strategies that will allow practitioners to competently represent a client before the IRS. State tax appeals will also be discussed and compared.
• Recognize when IRS and state tax administrative appeal rights arise for audits and collection cases.
• Determine differences between IRS and state tax appeals.
• Identify strategies for using appeal and alternate dispute resolution options.
• Understand the new Appeals procedures to become comfortable handling an appeal.
• Determine how to coordinate appeals with potential litigation.
• Opportunities for appealing IRS actions.
• Preparing the case for an appeal.
• Best strategies for handling appeals.
• Alternate dispute resolution options before and after the appeal.
• Appeals of collection and penalty determinations.
• Understanding state appeals for income, sales and employment taxes.
Basic knowledge of dealing with tax authorities.
This webinar is produced by CalCPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.