Accounting for income taxes is now a complex set of standards with computational difficulties and confusion. Particularly relating to private companies. A practical approach is shown to navigate the maze, simplify basic calculations, and clarify financial statements. Includes a review on the impact of the 2017 Tax Reform Act on calculations.
• Develop a practical approach for the application of the basic elements of income tax accounting under FASB codification 740.
• We will dispel the myths surrounding deferred income taxes, and provide useful approaches and numerous computations.
• Identify basic recurring transactions that result in book-tax differences for private companies, and how to accumulate the needed information to simplify the computations.
• Recognize tax positions taken in tax returns and how those positions are to be evaluated for purposes of accruing the related tax benefits in the financial statements.
• Sample Schedule M calculations
• Sample work papers for deferred tax computations
• Comprehensive two-year example and computations
• Review and analysis of recurring temporary differences
• Identification of the sources to compute “cumulative temporary differences”
• Sample workpapers for analysis of tax positions
CPAs, accountants and financial professionals.
This webinar is produced by AICPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.