Recent IRS management comments and enforcement activity indicate rising due diligence inquiries and analyses will be expected of tax preparers concerning information supplied by taxpayers. Learn to avoid exposure to disciplinary actions. To avoid disciplinary actions by the IRS, tax practitioners should be aware of recent developments and activity in other Circular 230 and tax practice and procedural areas.
• Obtain an understanding of due diligence requirements under current law and professional standards.
• Learn about the IRS push for increased practitioner due diligence in ensuring taxpayer compliance.
• Obtain information about how to respond, if necessary, to increased due diligence requirements; it’s never too soon to start.
• Due diligence requirements under Treasury guidance including supervisory responsibilities
• Due diligence requirements under professional standards
• Increased expectations for inquiry and analysis?
• Meeting increased expectations: informing clients and defensive measures for practitioners
• Due diligence for preparer advice responsibilities
CPAs, EAs, and other tax return preparers.
Tax practitioners with two years experience and a working knowledge of the AICPA Statements on Standards for Tax Services and IRS Circular 230.
This webinar is produced by CalCPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.