Federal and California tax developments affecting C and S corporations, partnerships, estates, trusts and exempt organizations are covered. Federal and California legislative updates and associated guidance from IRS and FTB are explained. Due diligence considerations relevant to recent developments are addressed to help with compliance and planning. A tax outlook post-election is also included. Course materials summarize each key development, and the e-Book provides links to the full text of source documents discussed during the program. Materials include a table with all guidance issued under the TCJA, as well as links to all federal regulations and IRS rulings. Note: This is the companion course toFederal and California Tax Update for Individuals.
• Recognize and apply federal and California tax developments affecting corporations, partnerships, estates and trusts, and how these new provisions and interpretations impact planning and compliance for your clients.
• Identify the year’s significant regulations, IRS and FTB rulings, as well as other administrative guidance on business and estate tax matters. Describe the most important 2021 court cases addressing business entities.
• New law provisions and guidance affecting business entities, tax-exempts, and estates and trusts.
• The continued relevance of COVID-19 law changes still relevant at year-end and into 2022
• Key cases and IRS and FTB guidance affecting partnerships, LLCs, C corporations, and S corporations
• Partnership current developments presented by Troy Lewis
• Employment taxes and worker classification matters
• Accounting method developments
• Estate and trust current developments presented by Justin Miller
• The state of California and multistate major developments including nexus and sourcing.
• Expiring provisions.
CPAs, financial professionals and attorneys.
General taxation knowledge.
This webinar is produced by CalCPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.