This in-depth analysis of the year’s important changes in Federal and California tax law explains new legislation and IRS and FTB guidance. Key developments from the IRS, FTB and courts are covered, along with compliance and planning lessons learned from these rulings. Due diligence considerations relevant to all new law is addressed to prepare for tax season. A tax outlook post-election is also included. Course materials summarize important developments. The eBook provides links to the full text of source documents discussed during the program. Materials include a table of all guidance issued under the TCJA, with links to Federal regulations and rulings. Note: This is the companion course to Federal and California Tax Update for Businesses and Estates.
• Identify new federal and California tax legislation affecting individuals.
• Describe the year’s significant federal and California law change from the legislature, IRS, FTB and the courts.
• Identify new due diligence areas relevant to individual income tax matters.
• Learn how new tax rules affect tax planning and compliance.
• 2021 legislation from Congress and California, including COVID-19 law changes
• Income inclusions, exclusions and deductions, including Section 199A developments.
• Property transaction updates including for virtual currency.
• Passive activities, hobby and other losses
• California major developments for individuals
• Filing status, credits and retirement plan developments
• Expiring provisions.
• Tax practice and procedures presented by the Hockham Salkin Toscher Perez law firm
• Due diligence reminders
CPAs, attorneys and tax practitioners.
General knowledge in taxation.
This webinar is produced by AICPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.