Financial, retirement, and tax issues are critical concerns when contemplating a divorce. Understanding, assessing, and deciding how to proceed is essential before completing the marital separation agreement. Learn business valuation. Discuss property, retirement, and other assets. Gain insights on the tax and financial ramifications of divorce. Navigate the assessment and division of financial assets before, during, and after the divorce.
• The importance of being prepared by planning in advance
• Dividing assets in a post COVID world!
• The ongoing payment issues dealing with alimony and child support
• The rash of documents protecting a client going forward, including pre-nuptials, cohabitation agreements, post nuptials and many others
• The advanced income tax issues including like-kind exchanges, filing status issues, credits and asset sales
• The advanced retirement issues including dissecting qualified, personal retirement, and nonqualified plans, QDROs, past and defunct plans, and using retirement assets to equalize assets
• The high-level valuation issues including closely held business, stock redemptions, partnership redemptions and stock options
• How to redesign the personal financial plan after divorce
• Minimizing the inevitable financial damage
• Financial issues in the heart of dividing assets
• Understanding which types of assets the client should pursue during the division.
• Tax elements inherent in valuing and selling assets
• Like-kind exchange possibilities
• Valuing retirement plans
• Determining which plans or equity components would make sense for the client
• Community property vs. common law issues
• Redesigning the financial plan after the divorce
Advisors needing a deeper understanding of financial planning related to divorce.
This session is geared for mid-level advisors.
This webinar is produced by CalCPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.