Examine methods to prepare fair financial reports while protecting yourself from accusations of fraud. Using practical case studies, learn to apply FASB standards and concept statements to prepare financial statements that meet user expectations. Study the relationship between risks, controls, and financial reporting. Consider how earnings management, the new revenue standard, and other factors impact the risk of fraud. Formerly titled: Controls, Risks and Financial Reporting
• Recognize characteristics of useful financial statements.
• Recognize characteristics of fraud in financial reporting.
• Identify implicit assertions in financial statements.
• Determine risks that affect financial reporting related to fraud and other factors.
• Identify financial reporting controls.
• Determine ways to minimize the risk associated with fraud in financial reporting.
• Identify ways to avoid the consequences of failing to meet the expectations of financial statement users.
• Financial reporting fraud
• Financial reporting objective
• Earnings management
• Accounting standards
• Financial reporting controls
• FASB Concept Statements
Internal accountants, financial executives and accountants in public practice.
Experience with preparing or reviewing financial reports.
This webinar is produced by AICPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.