This final segment of the Form 1041 Workshop addresses the special income tax issues that arise on the death of the grantor or the first spouse. The once docile revocable living trust that was ignored for income tax purposes now comes to life and requires attention. Trust administration is just as rigorous as probate administration, if not more rigorous. We will review the importance of an approach to Trust Administration and two important income tax tools.
• Review the depth and scope of Trust Administration
• Analyze the Importance of an Approach to the many Duties & Responsibilities
• Analyze the Administrative Trust
• Review the IRC Sec. 645 Election
• Understanding the Concept if IRD (Income in Respect of a Decedent)
• The Expansive Nature of Trust Administration
• When an Administrative Trust is Necessary & the Advantages
• Who is the Trustee of an Administrative Trust and is it Simple or Complex?
• Making the Sec. 645 Election & the Advantages
• Choosing a Fiscal Year for the Administrative Trust
• Understanding the Duration of the Sec. 645 Election
• Recognizing IRD and its Impact on Form 1041 or 1040
Tax practitioners, accountants and financial professionals.
Form 1041 Advanced Workshop Part 3.
This webinar is produced by AICPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.