An overview of control creation methods and strategies to implement policies and procedures successfully. Many organizations successfully create a system of internal controls. However, some fail to implement established measures correctly. Moreover, entities neglect the critical process of testing, monitoring and updating control procedures, weakening the entire internal control structure. Receive an array of control maintenance checklists adaptable to your organization to improve policies and procedures. Grasp the need for dynamic, fluid controls that adapt to changes in business tools and methods. Gain a strengthened ability to implement and maintain an internal control system.
• Understand the steps needed to implement a developed system of internal controls.
• Build control measure schedules that function weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly, and that are designed to test and monitor the internal control structure of an organization.
• Show knowledge related to testing control measures to make sure they are working properly.
• Understand the need to update existing controls to keep them viable as business operations change.
• List methods that can be used to communicate policy and procedure changes to those that are affected by these changes.
• Considerations for the maintenance of an internal control system
• The types of policies and procedures organizations should utilize
• Reviewing and testing control measures
• Updating controls and implementing control changes
Accounting and business professionals.
A basic understanding of Internal Control concepts.
This webinar is produced by AICPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.