All organizations, regardless of size, must be aware of the risks associated with intentionally fraudulent acts. Fraud can be executed from within an organization, by external parties, or both. A primary method to thwart fraud is to understand how and why it occurs. Understand why internal and external intentional defalcations take place. Discuss the difficulty in understanding the motives driving those that undertake fraud. Review measures that organizations can implement to stop fraud and add security to the entire enterprise.
• List reasons that employees and others that are internal to an organization choose to undertake fraudulent acts
• Explain the factors that make an organization attractive to those considering an external fraud attempt
• Discuss the types of control measures that work best as entities strive to mitigate fraud risk
• Understand specific internal control measures that can help to reduce fraud activities
• Explain how anti-fraud measures add security to all segments and aspects of a business organization
• Understanding why internal fraud occurs
• Fraudulent acts initiated from outside organizations
• Policies, procedures and control measures designed to fight fraud
• Steps that verify anti-fraud activities are working
CPAs, accounting and business professionals.
A basic understanding of Internal Control concepts.
This webinar is produced by CalCPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.