The IRS has tripled its number of international examiners and has aggressively audited international tax issues, making it more important that taxpayers with an international tax issue be prepared to defend their position on audit. Mr. Misey draws upon his experience at the IRS Chief Counsel (International) and his time working with multi-industry clientele to help attendees navigate today’s international tax controversy landscape and be able to respond to and resolve IRS international tax audits. Formerly titled : International Tax Controversies With The IRS: Procedural and Substantive Issues
• Identify international tax issues the IRS is scrutinizing.
• Determine and explain the U.S. international tax audit process.
• Recognize opportunities for audit resolution.
• IRS tools to obtain information in an international audit, including information from foreign countries.
• Dealing with IRS requests for foreign site visits.
• Procedural tools for taxpayers to eliminate double taxation, such as the competent authority process.
• Tips and traps of dealing with the IRS on audit issues, such as foreign tax credits, transfer pricing, and Subpart F.
CPAs and financial professionals.
This webinar is produced by AICPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.