You have heard of the Dark Web, but have you experienced it? If not, buckle up for a scary ride through the underbelly of the Internet. Here many illicit and illegal activities occur every day, potentially affecting our personal and organizational security. In this session, you will experience first-hand the Dark Web and all that it entails – both positive and negative. Upon completing this session, you will understand why it is important to secure your information so that you do not become yet another victim of the Dark Web.
• Differentiate the Dark Web from the ordinary Internet and from the “Deep Web”
• Identify the steps necessary to securely connect to and navigate the Dark Web
• List examples of useful sites and uses of the Dark Web
• Provide illustrations of how the Dark Web is used to facilitate potentially illegal activities, including those such as selling hacked data and identity theft
• The origin of the Dark Web and the Deep Web and their relationship to the “ordinary” Internet
• How to connect to and browse the Dark Web
• Security risks associated with accessing the Dark Web
• Potentially useful sites and applications on the Dark Web
CPAs and other business professionals who want to learn about the risks and benefits associated with the Dark Web.
Fundamental knowledge of computer applications.
This webinar is produced by AICPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.