As spreadsheets continue to evolve, so too must your practices for creating, editing, and auditing them. In this program, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the best ways to work with Excel by learning best practices associated with Excel spreadsheets in each of the following areas: creating and editing Excel workbooks, securing Excel workbooks, collaborating with others in Excel, and reporting on data contained in Excel. Today’s best practices for Excel differ significantly from those used in the past, and you will learn the best ways to work with Excel spreadsheets in this “must-see” CPE program. Course materials include relevant examples to enhance your learning experience. Participate in this program to help ensure that you utilize Excel to its fullest potential. This course covers features found in Excel versions 2013 and newer. “I learned various tips/tricks that I expect to implement to my approach immediately.” J.J., CPA DE “Excellent course with lots of practical information that will be useful for work.” V.S., CPA MS
• List critical spreadsheet design fundamentals
• Identify techniques used to minimize data input errors
• Utilize Excel’s Table feature as a foundational component of spreadsheets
• Identify and implement three different techniques for consolidating data
• Utilize various Excel features, such as Go To Special to solve specific spreadsheet issues
• List and apply four techniques for sharing an Excel workbook and collaborating with others
• Implement various techniques for auditing and error-checking Excel workbooks, including Trace Precedents, Trace Dependents, and Formula Auditing
• Identify the advantages of working with Defined Names in Excel
• List and apply six techniques for securing Excel data
Excel users who want to learn best practices for working with spreadsheets.
Fundamental knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel 2013 or newer.
This webinar is produced by AICPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.