Staff accountants have specific needs when working with Excel–needs that are often not met by their existing Excel knowledge. Chief among these are the needs to quickly summarize data, prepare accurate and aesthetically pleasing reports, and create accounting-centric calculations for elements such as depreciation, amortization, and interest. By participating in this eight-hour session, staff accountants will gain the essential skills they need to maximize their efficiency and accuracy when working with Excel. This session begins with a quick overview of Excel best practices and then progresses rapidly into discussions that address items such as PivotTables, sophisticated formulas, Tables, formatting, and working with dates in Excel. Throughout the discussion, accounting-centric examples are used to reinforce key learning points. The session is taught in a “laptop-friendly” environment, and participants will have access to all the demonstration files used in the session. In sum, this seminar is a “must” for all staff accountants seeking to improve their efficiency and accuracy when working with Excel. New Course for 2021! “I learned a lot that will assist me in my job.” T.D., CPA WA “Excellent class and very valuable information!” S.B., CPA MN
• List five critical best practices associated with creating workbooks and construct workbooks that comply with these principles
• Utilize PivotTables and PivotCharts to quickly summarize and present data, without writing formulas
• Build sophisticated formulas to assist with reporting and analysis, including formulas that use functions such as VLOOKUP, XLOOKUP, SUMIFS, CHOOSE, XNPV, XIRR, PMT, IPMT, ACCRINT, and TRIM
• Create Tables from ranges of Excel data and identify the primary advantages of working with Tables
• Apply formats quickly and easily to Excel reports and understand the importance of features such as the Accounting format, Accounting Underlines, Precision as Displayed, Center Across Selection, and Flash Fill ¨ Work with date oriented data in Excel and create calculations – such as those involving depreciation expense and interest accruals – that depend upon the passage of time
Accounting and financial professionals who want to use the power of Excel PivotTables to analyze and summarize data.
Fundamental knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel.
This webinar is produced by CalCPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.