The Excel Data Model is an in-memory multi-dimensional (OLAP) data engine available in all versions of Excel 2013 and newer. The Data Model is the core foundation of Power Pivot. With this feature, you can relate multiple Excel tables build PivotTables on multiple data sources import data from external data sources analyze PivotTable reports using Quick Explore, which allows users to drill up, down, and around in reports This session will provide the knowledge and skill necessary to take full advantage of this amazing tool in Excel.
• Define the Excel Data Model
• List the advantages of using the Data Model as a PivotTable data source
• Create PivotTables from data stored in multiple related tables • Create relationships between Tables in Excel • Identify the process of connecting to external data sources
• Understanding the fundamentals of data models
• Creating simple data models from Excel tables
• Building and adding to data models with Power Query
• Working with data in a Power Pivot, including managing relationships
• Constructing PivotTables that use data models as data sources
Accountants and business professionals seeking to utilize data models in Excel to enhance their financial and operational reporting processes. Note, the content of this program is targeted to those running Excel 2013 or newer (including through Office 365 accounts) on a Windows-based PC.
Fundamental knowledge of computer operations and Microsoft Office Excel.
This webinar is produced by CalCPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.