Correctly implemented passwords help protect valuable information. Both the complexity and the number of passwords required have multiplied. Further, it has been shown that using the same password for multiple sites or easy to guess passwords enable bad actors. Password management tools have emerged as a leading option for enhancing security to address these challenges. In this session, you will learn how password management tools can help you implement, update, and manage your passwords. You will also learn about the features of leading password management tools and why these tools are necessary to improve security. Finally, if you hope to implement a passwordless approach, we will spend time on the current options. If you are seeking to enhance security, this session is an absolute must!
• Select current password management technologies from a list
• List characteristics of “long-and-strong” passwords and the new NIST guidelines
• Differentiate between various products and able competitors
• Identify leading methods to protect or change password use
• Identify why passwords are a critical element of information technology controls
• List the key characteristics of “long-and-strong” passwords and the new NIST guidelines
• Differentiate between leading password management tools
• Enumerate alternatives to passwords to improve authentication controls
Business professionals seeking to improve information security by using password management tools.
Fundamental knowledge of computer operations and information security needs.
This webinar is produced by CalCPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.