The course, the first in a three-course series, concentrates on Topic 842, Leases. Leasing is popular among companies for financing purchases, such as office space and equipment. This course addresses the identification of a lease and the classification of the lease into the Operating or Finance categories for Lessees, and Sales-Type, Direct Financing, or Operating for Lessors. Excerpts from public company disclosures will also be reviewed. ASC 842, Leases , is now effective for most publicly traded entities. Private companies and nonprofit entities should be preparing as the effective date is now for annual reporting periods beginning after December 15, 2021. Early application is also permitted. Prepare your clients and entities for adoption.
• Identify a lease.
• Classify the lease from both the lessee and the lessor’s perspectives.
• Determine the lease term and commencement date.
• Calculate initial direct costs.
• Gain insight from excerpts of publicly traded companies’ disclosures.
• Review excerpts from a selection of public companies’ lease disclosures.
• FASB ASC 842
• All recently released updates to ASC 842
CPAs, auditors, consultants, and financial and management professionals.
This webinar is produced by AICPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.