Stay current in the nonprofit world with this comprehensive discussion of recent changes and requirements for nonprofit accounting and auditing. This year’s course will include a section covering the recognition and presentation of COVID-related transactions and uncertainties in the nonprofit context, as well as new accounting standards that will affect nonprofit organizations.Review common errors in nonprofit financial statements and audit issues unique to nonprofits, as well as the recently issued financial reporting changes to nonprofits.
• Recognize financial statement presentation requirements for nonprofits.
• Learn about how to account for and disclose COVID-related assistance and risks.
• Learn about the new grant accounting guidance in ASC 606 and gifts-in-kind standard.
• Plan for changes required by the new revenue recognition and lease accounting standards.
• Consider methodologies for cost allocation for the functional presentation and grant accounting needs.
• Identify accounting challenges for nonprofits.
• Identify audit issues unique to nonprofits.
• Revenue recognition (606) implementation for organizations that took advantage of the delay
• Gifts-in-kind – New standard and review of valuation concerns
• COVID impact on nonprofit organizations – Financial statement disclosure considerations and accounting for Federal assistance (including Paycheck Protection Program)
• Impact of remote work on audit risk and internal control
• Recent changes to financial statement presentation and a refresher regarding the new lease standard
CPAs, auditors, accountants and financial professionals.
Familiarity with accounting requirements for nonprofits and generally accepted auditing standards.
This webinar is produced by CalCPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.