Not-for-profit organizations always need volunteers as treasurers or members of the financial oversight committee. CPAs are often asked to fulfill these roles. This course highlights the accounting needs of such organizations. QuickBooks will be used to demonstrate how its tools provide more efficient and effective financial management for your not-for-profit. This course is geared to hands-on, or future hands-on, treasurers of service clubs and similar organizations.
• Identify the accounting needs of not-for-profit organizations, specifically membership and service organizations.
• Identify the financial statements required by US GAAP, including recent ASU updates for not-for-profit entities.
• Illustrate, using QuickBooks, the types of transactions usual for not-for-profit membership and service organizations.
• Discuss the need for budgets in a not-for-profit membership and service organization.
• Financial entity
• IRS filing status
• Recent ASC updates affecting nonprofits
• Inflows and Outflows
• Data entry
CPAs, and financial and managerial professionals.
This webinar is produced by CalCPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.